- This event has passed.
Cranky’s FARM Winter Open Day – July 25 – 10am to 4pm
July 25 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$1.00 – $25.00
Come and spend the day at the sanctuary with all the residents, your family and friends.
We are opening our gates from 10am to 4pm on 25 July to allow our supporters and anyone interested in learning about; what we do here are Cranky’s and why we do it, the vegan lifestyle and the lives of farm animals, the opportunity to meet the residents, learn, enjoy some fine vegan food, ask questions, meet people and relax!
This is a wheelchair and kid friendly event.
Tickets to this day at Cranky’s cost:
- $25 per adult
- $15 per child (6-15yrs)
- $1 infants (1-5yrs) – we charge this because everyone who enters the sanctuary must have a ticket to be covered by our insurance
Your ticket includes:
- Supervised access to all the residents.
- Resident free access to our large “Crush Yard” paddock where you can relax under our 100yr old fig tree whilst taking in the amazing views and watching the kids run amok in safety.
- One plate per person of delicious vegan food (any left overs can be eaten once everyone has had their first plate).
- We will have Cranky’s FARM merchandise on site for purchase, including our new batch of 2021 shirts.
- Drinks; coffee, tea, soft drinks, etc.
- Bake sale items (Feel free to bring baked goods to add to our bake sale table. Baked goods for sale must be 100% vegan and a list of ingredients would be appreciated to assist people with allergies).
- Raffle tickets: Tickets in our Cranky’s FARM Winter Raffle are on sale now and can be purchased via our online shop or by clicking the link below. The winning ticket will be drawn at our Winter Open Day!
- Donations of feed for the residents are always accepted with appreciation. If you would like to donate feed we can accept:
- Fruit/veg including apples, pears, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrots and bananas.
- Hay including small squares of barley hay, rhodes grass or lucerne.
- Pellets – if you would like to bring a bag of pellet food please email us at [email protected] for further information.
- You are free to arrive any time between 10am and 4pm, however, lunch will be served at noon and all visitors will need to depart at 4pm.
- We recommend you wear fitted (not loose flowing), warm clothes. (The residents, especially the goats and donkeys, enjoy tugging on people’s clothes which is why we recommend you wear fitted as opposed to loose flowing clothing)
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, drinking water, a picnic blanket or fold up chairs, etc.
- You must wear enclosed shoes when interacting with the residents.
- Children MUST be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Instructions given by the Cranky’s FARM volunteers must be listened to and followed at all times.
- DO NOT bring any animal products onto the premises.
- Respect must be shown at all times, by everyone, to the Cranky’s FARM volunteers, the residents and all event attendees.
ALL PROFIT MADE FROM THIS EVENT GOES DIRECTLY TO THE SANCTUARY TO HELP CARE FOR THE CURRENT RESIDENTS AND SAVE MOVE LIVES. WE HAVE NO PAID EMPLOYEES AT CRANKY’S FARM.