- This event has passed.
Cranky’s FARM Visit (2hrs) – 30/1/2021 – 10am – Midday
January 30, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$15.00
Visit all the residents and crew at Cranky’s FARM.
Our sanctuary is located on 60 amazingly, beautiful acres atop Mount Mee and is currently home to 48 farm animals rescued from various situations including abandonment, neglect and imminent death.
During a visit to Cranky’s FARM you will be able to walk the property, meet and interact with all the residents and hear their stories.
We have opened Cranky’s FARM up to visitors for two main reasons:
- Fund raising – it costs a LOT to feed and provide everything required to keep out current 48 residents happy and healthy. We receive no government funding or grants and rely solely on the generosity, compassion and support of donors who care about and want to help provide our residents with a chance to live their best lives. That is why to visit Cranky’s FARM we ask for a $15 donation per person.
- Education – we encourage everyone who visits Cranky’s FARM who is vegan to bring along at least one person who hasn’t quite made the connection between who is on their plate and the living, thinking, feeling individuals they once were. We believe that by connecting with our residents people’s hearts and minds can be opened to the knowledge that is very obvious to us, that sentient beings are not food for humans.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT VISITING CRANKY’S FARM:
- The property is the resident’s home. They are free and roam the premises.
- It is recommended that you bring with you a hat, drinking water and sunscreen.
- You are required to wear closed in shoes whilst at Cranky’s.
- It is recommended that you do not wear loose, flowing attire as some of the residents like to chew it.
- Respect and courtesy must be shown to all residents, volunteers, and fellow visitors whilst at Cranky’s.
- You must listen to and follow any instruction given to you by the Cranky’s FARM volunteers whilst you are visiting.
- Please supervise children at all times whilst they are on the premises.
- Only food which does not contain animal product is allowed onto the premises.
- Please arrive at either 10am or 3pm depending on if you are visiting in the morning or afternoon. If you arrive late, we may have already left on our tour of the sanctuary.
If you are a current Cranky’s FARM sponsor of more than $20 a month please email us at [email protected] to obtain a visitor discount code before ordering your ticket.