- This event has passed.
Cranky’s FARM Guided Visit (PM) – 13 March 2022
March 13, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$1.00 – $20.00
Visit all the residents and crew at Cranky’s FARM.
Our sanctuary is located on 60 amazingly, beautiful acres atop Mount Mee and is currently home to 48 farm animals rescued from various situations including abandonment, neglect, and imminent death.
During a visit to Cranky’s FARM you will be able to walk the property, meet and interact with all the residents and hear their stories.
We have opened Cranky’s FARM up to visitors for two main reasons:
- Fund raising – it costs a LOT to feed and provide everything required to keep out current 48 residents happy and healthy. We receive no government funding or grants and rely solely on the generosity, compassion and support of donors who care about and want to help provide our residents with a chance to live their best lives. That is why to visit Cranky’s FARM we ask for a $20 donation per adult and $10 donation per child.
- Education – we encourage everyone who visits Cranky’s FARM who is vegan to bring along at least one person who has not quite made the connection between who is on their plate and the living, thinking, feeling individuals they once were. We believe that by connecting with our residents, people’s hearts and minds can be opened to, what is obvious to us; that sentient beings are not food for humans.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT VISITING CRANKY’S FARM:
- It is a legal requirement that every person, regardless of age, visiting Cranky’s FARM to have a ticket.
- We limit our visits to 10 people to reduce the impact visits have on the residents and to optimise the amount of personal time visitors get to spend with the residents.
- The property is the resident’s home. They are free and roam the premises.
- IMPORTANT: Cranky’s FARM runs entirely on tank water. As water is limited it would be appreciated, if required, that you make your toilet stop before arriving at the sanctuary. There is a public toilet approx. 300 meters (5 min walk) up the road at the Mt Mee Lookout.
- It is recommended that you bring with you a hat, drinking water and sunscreen.
- You are required to wear closed in shoes whilst at Cranky’s.
- It is recommended that you do not wear loose, flowing clothes as some of the residents like to chew it.
- Respect and courtesy must be shown to all residents, volunteers, and fellow visitors whilst at Cranky’s.
- You must listen to and follow any instruction given to you by the Cranky’s FARM volunteers whilst you are visiting.
- Please always supervise your children whilst they are on the premises.
- Only food which does not contain animal products is allowed onto the premises.
- DONATIONS: If you would like to bring any donations of fruit/veg for the residents that would be lovely, however, during the visit you may not get to feed your donated produce to the residents. Those items the residents like best are; carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin, banana and sweet potato.
- Please arrive between 2:45pm and 3pm for the morning tour. If you arrive late, we may have already left on our tour of the sanctuary.